My friend Sherry likes to share her recipes on social media for others to enjoy. Her banana cake recipe is one that people really go crazy for. Not only do his friends and family ask him for the recipe, they even ask him to cook it for them! Luckily for all of us, she shared the easy banana cake recipe with me.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total duration: 1 hour and a half
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 1/2 cup very ripe fresh bananas
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cups softened butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 sifted cup Granulated sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the lemon juice. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Beat the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in bananas.
- Pour into a cake pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. If needed, bake longer, checking every 10 minutes, until cake is fully cooked.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately place in the freezer for 45 minutes. If not completely cooled out of freezer, allow to cool further before frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese together. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar over low heat until combined, then over high heat until smooth. Frost cooled cake with frosting.
follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.