Strawberry cakes are a southern thing. Chances are your grandmother has a strawberry cake recipe in her arsenal if you grew up in the south. This easy strawberry cake recipe starts with a boxed cake mix, then fresh strawberries are added with strawberry gelatin. Sweet strawberries overload!
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total duration: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup rapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crushed strawberries
- 5 cups powdered sugar (or as needed)
- chopped fresh strawberries
Here’s how to do it:
- Combine cake mix, gelatin, sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add water, oil and eggs. Beat for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in strawberries.
- Divide the batter in half 8 inch round cake pans lined with parchment and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pans for about 10 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy. Add the crushed strawberries. Slowly start adding the powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency (you may not need all the powdered sugar).
- Add a layer of frosting on top of one of the cakes. Cover with the second cake. Frost the whole cake. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.