1. Use your butter to grease then double your cake tin. Start by cutting a circle for the base and then a strip for the inside. Repeat this process again to prevent the edge of the cake from sticking while it is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 170 ° C while you prepare the cake mix
2. Add your fruit mixture, molasses sugar and 370 ml of water to a saucepan with the butter. Make sure the pot is large enough to hold all of these ingredients. Lower the heat to medium and simmer gently for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. When the time has elapsed, remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Sift your flour and fold it into the mixture. Finally, mix your eggs quickly with a fork and use a whisk to incorporate them into the mixture.
4. Make sure all the ingredients are combined and there are no weird lumps going through the dough.
5. Pour your mixture into your lined cake mold and put in the oven for 1h30 to 2h on the lowest rack. After 60 minutes, take a quick peek to make sure the cake isn’t browning too much. After 90 minutes, insert a skewer and check that it comes out clean. Otherwise, leave the cake for another 15 minutes before checking again. Once the skewer comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely.
6. When cool, gently use a board to unmold the cake. Serve with vanilla ice cream for the perfect finish.