you can celebrate pride month all month (and beyond!) baking a rainbow cake! You can put your skills to work baking all the colors of the rainbow into this fun and delicious cake, with a color for each cake layer.
This rainbow cake recipe makes a six-layer, 9-inch round cake with a light and fluffy mascarpone cream frosting. You can add rainbow glitter if you want.
This month and throughout the year, let’s celebrate life by eating cake and celebrating everyone for who they are!
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours to cool
Cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
Total duration: 3 hours and 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease six 9 inch round cake pans and sprinkle with flour.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, milk, sugar, egg whites and vanilla extract with a electric mixer until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, then stir until just combined.
- Divide cake batter evenly among six bowls. Mix a different food coloring in each bowl (starting with 1 or 2 drops of food coloring per bowl), creating six different colored pastes. Add more food coloring if needed to achieve desired colors.
- Bake each cake in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.